MARCH 2021 MONTHLY UPDATE
A Note from the CEO
Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! – 2 Timothy 2:8-9
While in chains in a Roman prison, the Apostle Paul wrote his second letter to his son-in-the-faith, Timothy. Rome tried to silence Paul, but it could never silence God’s Word. Even today, some may still attempt to limit the spread and quiet the proclamation of the Word of God, yet we are reminded that the Word is not bound and is free to do the work of God in the hearts of men.
We are excited at how God continues to prepare hearts and minds to partner with Davar to get his Word to oral people worldwide. Below you will see how together we are making God’s Word accessible to many who have never heard before, including our first completed recordings in South Sudan.
Thank you for your partnership!
-W. Mark Perkins, CEO
Audio Production Update
Dinka Padang - Old Testament
Farefare - Full Bible
First Audio Bibles in South Sudan
Join us in celebrating the completion of the Dinka and Nuer language recordings, our first audio Bibles in South Sudan. Of the 12.6 million people living in South Sudan, 73% of the population is illiterate1. Excited to see how God will use these new recordings!
Oromo Narrator, Ethiopia
Your sponsorship has made this possible! Hear from the Oromo audio Bible Narrator how he believes Davar’s audio Bible will help illiterate Oromo speakers understand God’s Word.
Prayers & Praises
We praise God for…
• his faithfulness to provide partners and resources as we ramp up recording efforts in Africa, India, Indonesia and Peru.
• his truthfulness, which gives us confidence that all his words are true.
• for the nine recording projects already published in 2021, and the four soon to be completed.
We ask God for…
• the oral learners to hear the recorded Word of God, respond to the gospel and live transformed for God’s glory.
• protection for our narrators and studio operators throughout the world.
• opportunities for partnership with ministries who will deploy audio bibles.
Help fund a new audio Bible.
There are many translations waiting to be recorded. Your gift will help make it possible to reach more people in their home language.